Monday, July 6, 2015

Between the sheets in the interim...

I'm falling asleep at the wheel again. There's been so much in the works I've forgotten to update this site. Summer is in full swing which means sleeping in late, hanging out by the pool, and writing all day. The fourth of July has come and gone and it was a pretty good holiday. My roommate and I scampered up one of the hills like goddamned rabbits in the canyon where I'm currently staying. From our vantage point we could see all of downtown Los Angeles and the haze from the fireworks spread all the way to the ocean. With the flares sparkling in the distance it was fairly apocalyptic and probably the closest thing I've witnessed to the movie BLADE RUNNER. The continuous rumble made it seem like some great beast, like Gamera or Ghidorah, was rolling in from regions unknown . It was a beautiful sight to behold, second only to watching the old cite of Carcassonne turn blood red on Bastille Day a few years ago.

Between the Sheets...

My co-writer on the SAURIMONDE series, Melissa St. Hilaire, and I have embarked on a new, super secret project which we'll reveal soon. It's something we've talked about for ages, but all the elements fell into place, and as we're both in the same city, we can finally make this happen. It's gonna be a lot of fun, and at the very least, perverse. The photo shoot we did for it was riotous with books spread out all over the bed and many 'wardrobe malfunction' moments. I know every one's going to point the finger at me--but I can say with all authority that the imagery for the shoot was all Melissa's idea--and you know she had to twist my arm to go along with it.

DESIRED PYROTECHNICS is almost finished. It's at that final push stage. That's the one where you don't think you have anything left in the gas tank and yet you manage to rattle on a little further. It would be nice if I had someone to push the damn thing with me, but I don't this time, and I'm developing mental muscles where I never knew they could exist before. I'm going to have psychic stretch marks if this keeps up. Plus, the book is such a radical departure from anything I've written before that I've hesitated posting any of it here, but fuck it, life's about taking chances. I'll try and post some in the upcoming week if time and tide allow.

One more thing... Warhol star, a low life in high heels, and freaking icon, Holly Woodlawn, is not doing so well and needs our help with medical bills so she can come home. Please, please, please, consider donating if you have the means to do so. http://www.gofundme.com/bringhollyhome


Much love from where the worlds touch,

S - xx

No comments:

Post a Comment